|Location:||Cedar Bayou RHC- Baytown|
DescriptionShift Available: 2-10
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current nursing licensure as a registered nurse and or licensed vocational nurse in the state in which practicing.
- A minimum of two year’s experience in supervision.
· Demonstrates leadership ability and capability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English through both speech and writing.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and county laws governing skilled care facilities.
The Charge Nurse is responsible for staff assignments and provides the overall supervision of resident care activities. Responsible for performing a variety of duties to provide quality nursing care to residents and to coordinate total nursing care for residents; implementing specific procedures and programs; participating with the Director of Nursing and the Assistant Director of Nursing in establishing specific goals; determining work procedures and expediting work flow; insuring compliance with all operating policies and procedures and Texas Department of Aging & Disability Services regulations and Federal Health Care Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete all required record keeping forms/charts upon resident’s admission, discharge, transfer, etc.
- Receive verbal orders from attending/alternate physicians. Transcription of orders to facility forms.
- Initiate resident plan of care on admission
- Chart full vital signs and blood glucose reading per facility policy and procedure.
- Order prescribed medications, supplies and equipment as established by the facility policies and procedures.
- Review physician orders and transfer/pre-admission information for completeness.
- Prepare/administer medications as ordered by physician.
- Answer telephone inquiries as outlined in the facility established policies and procedures.
- Chart licensed nurse’s notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Forward new diet orders and or diet changes to the Dietary department.
- Verify the identification of the resident before administering medication or treatment.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by physician.
- Ensure the narcotic records are current at all times.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents.
- Check the resident chart for specific treatment, medications and schedules daily.
- Administer professional services such as catheterizations, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings, packs, colostomy care, taking blood, sputum, care of the dying (as established by the facility policy and procedure).
- Make compliance round with the physician and assist with examinations and treatment.
- Completing the entire admission assessments within 24 hours of admission: Comprehensive nursing assessment, braden and fall risk assessments, pain, dehydration, bowel and bladder, aims, restraint screening, contracture assessment, acute admission care plans.
- Completion of intake and output records.
- Adheres to company standards for resolving consumer concerns
· Ensures that all resident rights are protected
- Notify the attending physician, RN, ADON when a resident is discharged without approval.
- Initiate investigation for all incident and accidents, abuse/neglect allegations.
- Immediately report concerns to the abuse coordinator.
- In case of death, notify the funeral home of resident/RP choice; ensure the body is properly prepped.
- Evaluate all emergencies and determine emergency measures to be used including the use of chemical or mechanical restraints. Notify the RN supervisor and physician and record.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability for directing assigned unit/staff.
- Compliance with HIPPA rules and regulations.
- Participate in facility Quality Assurance program assigned.
- **Applicants must submit resume to be considered** E.O.E M/F/V/D